The RSM

I also strongly believe that we should restore Union status to the RSM. They are not a CSC, they do not act like one either in spirit or in practice, they are not simply a management board, their members become members of the RSM automatically on joining College, not by deciding to join a club. The RSM is best placed to look after the welfare of its members, true representation starts at the small scale, the RSM can represent their members very effectively because they are small so understand the issues better. People may hold that it is not possible to give back Union status as this does not fit with College’s organization; we should not have our organization dictated to us by College, we can work round College’s organization and I am confident that I can negotiate with College and get their support for this change.

Elect me as President and I will:
1. Restore Union status to the RSM.