Fair Marking

A common complaint about courses is the ‘grading lottery’. As a post-graduate, I have had to grade a lot of work myself over the years and usually spend more than 10 times the amount of time I am paid for on it. Unfortunately, not all work is marked in a diligent manner and there can be a great deal in variation in grades. Double marking helps but not all work is double marked. Imperial should have a truly anonymous marking system to help eliminate this, there is no need for a me or any other marker to know the name of the students whose work they are marking, names should be replaced by College ID numbers to ensure that any bias is removed from the marking system. I will campaign to bring about this simple but effective change.

Elect me as President and I will:
1. Campaign for fairer marking of coursework.