Democratic Accountability

I will remain accountable and communicate effectively with the Union throughout my term. Why are officers’ manifestos not freely available? I will ensure that my manifesto remains publicly available so progress can be monitored. It is all good and well to promise grand things but we must deliver on them and show that we are doing so. I have shown in the past that I am willing to stand up for what I believe in and that includes full democratic accountability.

The Trustee Board was a major change introduced at the end of last year but meetings are not being publicized and papers are not freely available. This board should not be meeting in secret and I will ensure this is no longer the case. Also, some people will know of the Management and Planning Group, formed of the Sabbs and the General Manager, this body meets weekly yet no details of its business are ever released. I will ensure that minutes of MPG are publically available, there is no need to keep the contents of this meeting secret and opening it can only help people understand what the most senior officers are doing with their time.

Elect me as President and I will:
1. Ensure full democratic accountability.
2. Publicize dates and papers for the Trustee Board.
3. Publicize the minutes from the Management and Planning Group.